Magnus Manske has written a widget that allows abstracts of Wikipedia articles or previews of categories on Wikimedia Commons to be embedded on third-party websites like that of the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis or blogs like this one. I could not get it to work with categories but here are some more examples for articles:
- Daniel Mietchen on A wiki approach to Open Access and Open Science
- Simultaneous publication in PLOS Computational Biology and Wikipedia | Hive Talkin' on PLoS Computational Biology goes wiki
- Friday SNPpets | The OpenHelix Blog on Fee waivers for the Wikipedia tutorial at ECCB 2012 – apply now!
- nilsdagssonmoskopp on Open Access Media Importer: Usage and Statistics
- Chris Maloney on Open Access Media Importer: Usage and Statistics